Monday, May 7, 2012

On The Road With YA Authors


Featuring...

JENNY HAN!
Tomorrow, IN HONOR is out in the world!  It’s a story of a letter, a mistaken last request, and the road trip those things lead to.  I love a good road trip, but I love a good road trip story even more, so this month I’m hosting a Road Trip Interview Series featuring all of my favorite author friends!  Stop by daily for dream cars, playlists, and tales from the road!
Today, I'm so happy to have Jenny Han stopping by--especially since we happen to be on tour together this week!  Jenny is the author of the upcoming BURN FOR BURN, with Siobhan Vivian, THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY trilogy and two childrens' books, including one of personal favorites, SHUG.
So Jenny...
All road trips begin with a set of wheels. Close your eyes. Imagine your ideal road-trippin’ vehicle. What do you see? Why? 
A 1956 Jaguar Roadster, aka the car that Sebastian drives in Cruel Intentions. No, wait! The Knight bus in Harry Potter because for 15 sickles, you can get hot chocolate and a toothbrush in any color.


Next up: travel companions. The right ones can make or break the whole thing. Who would you hit the road with? You can choose anyone—alive or dead, real or fictional. As many or few as you like.
Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd, Oprah Winfrey, Harper Lee, Jesus
It’s true that road trips are about the journey, but what’s your ideal destination?
Italy. No, wait! Hogwarts.
Is your style more ‘map it out’ or ‘meandering route’?
Map out the luxury hotels, meander the sights
What 5 songs are absolutely necessary on your perfect road trip playlist?
Tangerine by Led Zeppelin, Free Fallin by Tom Petty, Set Adrift on Memory Bliss by PM Dawn, Everyday People by Arrested Development, Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley, Feeling Good by Nina Simone, That’s the Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson

We all know that food consumed while on the road never counts against you. That being said, what are your favorite road snacks and/or eating establishments?
Cherry Coke slushies, gummy candy, fresh baked goods, Wheat Thins
Problems sometimes happen and inquiring minds want to know: Can you change a tire?
Wah. No. But everybody should still want to road trip with me because I can radio DJ like no other. Also I am the one who brings the fresh baked scones!
Best road trip memory:
Scream-singing to Life Is A Highway with Siobhan.

Worst road trip memory:
Getting lost trying to quickly meet my friend at a Whole Foods in Northern Virginia and then nearly missing my international flight to France. It wasn’t exactly a road trip but my sister and I were on the road for like three hours so I think it counts.

Any road trip pictures you want to share?
Whatever happens on the road trip, stays on the road trip. No photo evidence!

I can respect that. I guess. Though I make no promises for our road trip this week... 



Want more Jenny? Check out her website, or find her on Facebook or Twitter!










No comments:

Post a Comment